Monday 20 August 2012

Hello, Wedding World!

Getting married has caused me to make a number of observations including this one...

People tend to twitter on about your wedding plans during your engagement, and they rave about your big day when it finally arrives, but once that's done, that's pretty much it! They tend to forget about you.

Has anyone else noticed how no one seems to care how newly-weds are doing after they've tied the knot? I'd love to hear other people's views on this.

If it turns out to be a general phenomenon then I think it needs some attention, as the period immediately after you and hubby are wed is precisely when you need support, in my view. You're physically and mentally exhausted from the wedding but, also, euphoric at being married, and this should be celebrated. It's why we get married after all: for the married life bit, and, sometimes, it would be great to receive more metaphorical back pats for this achievement. Perhaps being hitched deserves more praise than getting hitched.

So, as you've probably guessed, I'm going to blog about my wedding journey, in as honest a fashion as I can, and I'll aim to leave out the boring bits.

I'll give you the lowdown on what life was like being my own wedding planner. (Doing a DIY wedding was fun but, boy, was it hard work!) I'll describe the highs and the lows of the crazy creative process that preceded me and Mr T's big day (emphasis on the word 'big').

I'll also give you a few tips on things to do or not do on your wedding day, and I'll share some of my own tried and tested ideas for creating a personalised wedding.

And then there's the all-important period after the big day: I'll let you in on the secret world of post-wedding chores, and talk about how life has changed now that hubby and I are married. By the way, a great book for newly-weds is the The Marriage Book, by Nick and Silla Lee. I highly recommend it for bedtime reading.

1 comment: